Tuesday, October 18, 2011

I'm an official member of "The Team"

I got to go with the NGU Crusader Football team to Ohio to play Central State Ohio-we crushed them by the way. It was a great trip! Hanging out on the bus, being one of the guys, doing what guys do. I went to class with Jamarius Robinson (AKA Rip), then we were off to board the bus. Lunch was provided-it consisted of a sub sandwich and chips. I'm pretty sure the cheese was plastic, though. You know that cheese that comes in the Fisher Price play toy food pack; yep, that kind of cheese. Good thing I have an iron stomach. The guys didn't seem to mind, though. I mean, they will eat anything that doesn't eat them first; their football players. Like I said, we had a long, fun trip to Ohio. Once we were in Ohio, it was time for bed. So, I took my shower and Jamarius tucked me in. By the way, a bedtime story from a bunch of college football players is a little more like a nightmare...but they tried.



In class- it was very interesting.

On the road...again.



Ahhh, plastic cheese-my favorite!

Time for bed-this was after the football team told me a bedtime story and sang a lullably. Very disturbing.



Words of wisdom from Rip

Rip and I ready for the game
Getting ready for the game was pretty intense. All the guys were very serious and "focused". Jamarius felt it necessary to get me ready for the game by having a little heart to heart. I understand this is referred to as "getting your game face on." He gave me some words of encouragement, then it was time to suit up. It was really neat to have this experience! The football team really made me feel apart of the team and represented NGU very well. They are a great group of guys and I was honored to come along on the road trip. It was a great game and I hope to do it again soon. There's nothing like a road trip, a group of guys, football and plastic cheese! Onto the next adventure.....

No comments:

Post a Comment