Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Catalyst in "Hot"lanta

I went to Atlanta, GA this weekend for Catalyst. It was so cool! There were hundreds of students there, great bands, and some amazing speakers. I also ate ALOT! I mean, everywhere I turned, the students wanted to eat something else. Of course, I didn't want to hurt their feelings, so I ate typical college student food-pretzels and pizza. Great combo, huh? I'm pretty sure I got heartburn from the combination, but it was so worth it. When you're with a bunch of college students, you must give into the "How many pieces of pizza can you eat?" contest, right?

I got to meet some really neat people, too. The founder of Tom shoes, Blake Mycoskie, was there. I got to meet him during a book signing. Very neat! The story behind the Tom shoe is so amazing and the guy was pretty cool, too. I must say, it was a fun trip. I was introduced to this place called "Hot"lanta and got to hang out with a bunch of fun, young people. They really know how to have a good time...and I think my heartburn is finally going away. Stay tuned. I have lots of adventure ahead. You never know where I will end up next. It's been a great journey so far.....

We have arrived! Watch out, "Hot"lanta.



Who Cares? I do. I really do.

Blake Mycoskie, Founder of Toms

He signed my book! He SIGNED my book!

Before the Pizza Eating Contest-At least I have a Coke to wash it down, right?

Ahhh, the pretzel. Good stuff. A happy knight.

Look at all those pretzels. Ummmm!

It's over. I came, I saw, I ate. God moved. Enough said.


No comments:

Post a Comment